Clure Dana Singleton was the son of William Henderson Singleton and Mary V. Carpenter. He enlisted in the United States Army on February 13, 1942, at Fort Oglethorpe, GA.
Private First Class Clure D. Singleton was killed in action while serving with the Third Army.
Was returned from Oahu Schofield Barracks, Hawaiian Islands, to Knoxville on November 6, 1947, for burial at the U.S. National Cemetery, Knoxville, B, 6791.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 8 December 1915
- Date of death: 6 April 1943
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Luther
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Knoxville National Cemetery, Knoxville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clure D. Singleton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.