Clyde Clayton Morton was born in Emmett, Tennessee in 1896 to William Stephens Morton and Jennie L. Delaney. He joined the Army at the age of 20. He died from effects of gas at Rouen, France, on September 29, 1918. He served with Company H, 117th Infantry.
News article from The Kingsport Times, 21 March 1926.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, Services for Corpl. Clyde C. Morton, of Company H, 117th infantry, who died of wounds received on the 28th of September, 1918, will be held at the River Bend Baptist church, near Emmett, Tenn. Burial will be in the Shipley cemetery.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 5 November 1896
- Date of death: 27 September 1918
- County: Sullivan
- Hometown: Emmett
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company H, 117th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Shipley Cemetery, Bristol, Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clyde C. Morton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.