Clyde Eugene Helton was born on 16 August 1923, Sevier County, Tennessee, the son of John Walter Helton and Martha J England.
Killed in Action 25 November 1944, France
Private First Class
The Knoxville Journal, 16 September 1948
Pfc. Clyde E. Helton, 21, of Boyd’s Creek, was killed in France Nov. 25, 1944. The body arrived in Knoxville and will be taken to the home of his parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Helton; eight brothers, Willie, Arthur, Oscar, Elmer, Boyd, Odis, Robert and Ernest; four sisters, Mrs. James White, Mrs. Carl Allen, Mrs. Leonard Loveday and Miss Mary Bell Helton.
PFC Helton is buried at Mountain View Cemetery, Walden Creek, Sevier County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 August 1923
- Date of death: 25 November 1944
- County: Sevier
- Hometown: Boyd's Creek
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mountain View Cemetery, Walden Creek, Sevier County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clyde E. Helton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.