Clyde Lelian Thomas was born on 16 March 1918, the son of David Thomas and Effie Brown.
Killed in Action 7 January 1944 in Italy
Buried at St. Paul Cemetery, Morristown, TN
Private First Class
135th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division, Company G
Morristown Gazette Mail, 23 September 1948
Remains of Pvt. Clyde Thomas, 26, son of Mrs. Dave Thomas, Route three, and the late Mr. Thomas, will reach Morristown on Sept. 28. Interment in St. Paul Cemetery.
Pvt. Thomas was killed in action in Italy on August 1942 after serving ten months overseas. He was well known and a valued member of Enterprise Baptist church of which he was serving as Sunday School Superintendent at the time of entering the service.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 March 1918
- Date of death: 7 January 1944
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 135th Infantry Regiment, 34th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: St. Paul Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clyde L. Thomas
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.