Clyde Shoffner was born in 1923 in Tennessee to Adron Shoffner and Minnie Chadwell.
He died non Battle 16 February 1945 as a result of injuries incured in an accident in Germany
Buried at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Neupre, Belgium, D, 13, 40
The Knoxville Journal, June 18, 1944
Tech. Sgt. Clyde Shoffner, Sgt. Johnnie Shoffner and Jay Shoffner, seaman second class, are sons of Mr. and Mrs. Adron Shoffner, of LaFollette, who are in the service. Clyde and Johnnie are somewhere in Northern Ireland. Jay was employed by the Bethlehem Steel Co., in Baltimore, Md., before entering the Navy. He has been in the Service almost a year. Clyde and Johnnie were farmers prior to entering the Army four years ago. They joined at the same time and have been together all the time.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of death: 16 February 1945
- County: Campbell
- Hometown: La Follette
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 13th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Bronze Star
- Burial/Memorial Location: Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery, Henri-Chapelle, Belgium
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Clyde Shoffner
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.