Columbus Lee Clark was born 16 March 1893 to Joseph D. Clark and Sarah Jane Edgmon. He enlisted June 1923 at Athens, Tennessee. He was crippled by a motorcycle accident in France. Columbus L. Clark was in hospital 30 miles from L. Manse, where his brother Harden E. Clark died March 11, 1919. Columbus was gassed while in France and was in hospital in North Carolina for treatment for some time before honorably discharged.
He died 29 May 1921 at the age of 28 of Tuberculosis. He was buried with military honors beside his brother at West View Cemetery in Sweetwater.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 16 March 1893
- Date of death: 29 May 1921
- County: Monroe
- Hometown: Sweetwater
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Military Police Corps 283, 117th Infantry, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Mexican border,
- Burial/Memorial Location: West View Cemetery, Sweetwater, Monroe County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Columbus L. Clark
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.