Seaman Dallace Devon Cable was lost on 10 August 1943. He is remembered on the Tablets of the Missing, Manila American Cemetery, Manila, Philippines. He served on the U.S.S. Quincy.
Father: Mr. Thomas Levy Cable, Butler, TN.
His brother Wallace Herbert Cable died on 16 April 1945 and is memorialized at the Tablets of the Missing Honolulu Memorial Hawaii.
The Johnson County, News, September 7, 1944
The Cable brothers are the sons of Mr. and Mrs. T.L. Cable, of Butler. Dallace D. was killed in action August 9, 1942. Wallace entered the Navy in 1939, Jesse in 1940 and Dallace in 1942.
- Rank: Apprentice Seaman
- Date of birth: 28 February 1926
- Date of death: 10 August 1943
- County: Johnson
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: USS Quincy (CA-71)
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dallace Cable
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.