Dana McKinney was born in 1911 in Tennessee, the son of Sinkler Merritt McKinney and Eliza “Lizzie” Potter Ellison.
He died 23 August 1943 from non-hostile wounds/injuries following surgery at a Denver, CO Army hospital.
Buried at McKinney Cemetery at Browns Branch Road and SR 173, Hampton, TN.
3rd Tng Battalion, Company B
The Johnson City Press, 25 August 1943
Private Dana McKinney, 33, formerly of Hampton, Tenn., died in a Denver, Colo., hospital this week after a lingering illness. Survivors are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Sinkler McKinney of Hampton; three brothers, Sergeant Lawrence McKinney of the U.S. Army, and Jack and Paul McKinney, both of Hampton; four sisters, Mrs. Ada Easterly, Mrs. Hazel Roberts and Misses Violet and Stella McKinney, all of Hampton, and his paternal grandmother, Mrs. Hester McKinney of Hampton.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 24 November 1910
- Date of death: 23 August 1943
- County: Carter
- Hometown: Hampton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 3rd Tng Battalion, Company B
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: McKinney Cemetery, Hampton, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dana McKinney
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.