Son of Ross G. and Lucretia Barnett Jacks of Burrville
The Knoxville Journal, 14 January 1949
Pvt. Daniel Lee Jacks, age 19, 11 months and 28 days, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ross Jacks of Burrville, was killed in action in Holland on September 28, 1944. He was with the 82nd Airborne Division in the invasion of Sicily, Italy, France and Holland. Survivors: father, mothers, two sisters, Mrs. Ray Frantsen, Detroit, Mich., and Miss Uva Jacks, Ludlow, Ky.; two brothers, Doyle of Detroit, Mich, and Barney of Ludlow, Ky.
He received the bronze star decoration for distinguished service. The body will arrive Friday morning, Jan. 14, and will be taken to the home of his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Ross Jacks. Funeral services will be conducted from Burrville Methodist Church.
Mount Vernon Cemetery, Burrville, Morgan County, Tennessee, USA
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 October 1924
- Date of death: 28 September 1944
- County: Morgan
- Hometown: Burrville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 82nd Airborne Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Operation Market Garden
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Mount Vernon Cemetery, Burrville, Morgan County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Daniel L. Jacks
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.