Dave Burch Lawson was the son of Pryor Wallace Lawson and Lilly Lavada Johnson.
Pvt Lawson was taken prisoner of war on 7 June 1942 in the Southwest Pacific Theatre, Philippine Islands. He was sent to PW Camp #1 – Cabanatuan 1-2-3 Nueva Province, Luzon, Philippines 15-121.
He is missing in action since 24 October 1944 during the attack of the Arisan Maru. The Hell Ship Arisan Maru was sunk by the U.S.S. Shark in the South China Sea.
Memorialized at the Manila American Cemetery, Philippines and at Benton Station Cemetery in Polk County, Tenn.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 July 1918
- Date of death: 24 October 1944
- County: Polk
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 200th Coast Artillery Regiment
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Manila American Cemetery, Fort Bonifacio, Manila, Philippines
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Wilfred Haun
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.