David E. (Davie) Ott
Private David E. Ott, from Rockford, was born in March of 1897. He was the son of Charles Ott and Elizabeth Pryor Ott. He was the brother of Fannie Mae Ott Walker, Maud B. Ott Ingle, Lee Beulah Ott, Frank C. Ott, Hattie Bell Ott Sayne, Gertrude Ott Satterfield, James Andrew Ott, George Washington Ott, Mary Emma Ott Vineyard, and Nellie Ott Mikels. He was the grandson of Charlie and Rebecca Ott. He was killed in action while serving in WWI.
Company L, 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
He died 29 September 1918 at the age of 20. He is listed on the Tablets of the Missing at Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 17 March 1897
- Date of death: 29 September 1918
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Rockford
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company L, 119th Infantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Somme American Cemetery, Bony, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar II, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David E. Ott
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.