David N. Jerles
Born 23 June 1923
Died of Wounds 21 July 1944
Private First Class
PFC Jerles was returned from St. Laurent, Bayeux, France. Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 267.
Daily Post-Athenian, November 25, 1947
The body of Pfc. David N. Jerles, next of kin Pona Jerles, Rt. 2, Riceville, will arrive in New York tomorrow, Nov. 26, aboard teh U.S.S. Robert Burns from Europe. The remains will be shipped from New York to Atlanta under military guard and from there will be sent to next of kin accompanied by an escort of equal rank.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 23 June 1923
- Date of death: 21 July 1944
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Riceville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Infantry
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David N. Jerless
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.