David Paul Hice was born 10 January 1905, Tennessee, the son of John Wesley Hice and Sarah Francis Keller. Husband of Roberta V.
Cubbage and father of Una Roberta Hice and David P. Hice Jr.
He died of Wounds 27 August 1944 in France
Buried at Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA, 12, 3811
Chief Warrant Officer
33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division, Headquarters Company
The Greenville Sun, October 6, 1944
Chief warrant Office David P. Hice, died of wounds received in France on August 17. W.O. Hice volunteered in the Army at the age of seventeen and had been in service for twenty-one years. He went overseas in August, 1943, and was in a Tank Maintenance Section.
He was the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. John Hice of Chuckey, and is survived by is wife, the former Roberta Cubbage of Baltimore, Md. and two children, Una and Paul, besides six sisters and five brothers.
Photo courtesy: Dwight “Andy” Anderson
- Rank: Chief Warrant Officer
- Date of birth: 10 January 1905
- Date of death: 27 August 1944
- County: Greene
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 33rd Armored Regiment, 3rd Armored Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Arlington National Cemetery, Arlington, VA
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David P. Hice
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.