David Thomas Minor was born at Chattanooga, Tennessee, the son of Otto Bernard Minor and Loretta Thomas. Brother of Emily Jean Minor. Stepson of Emory Gilmore Maxwell. He attended Central High School.
David Minor was initially buried at Limey Cemetery at Toul, France and reburied at Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold, France, C, 21, 47
The Chattanooga Dialy Times, 19 December 1944
Killed in action was Pfc. David T. Minor, 22, son of Mrs. E. G. Maxwell, 909 South Crest Road, and the late Otto B. Minor. Pfc. Minor was reported killed in action Nov. 15, while on dut with an infantry group in France, the War Department informed his mother. A former student at the University of Tennessee before entering the army two years ago, he was a graduate of Central High School and an active member of the Centenary Methodist Church and-H Club. He was the brother of Mrs. Harry Achey of Chattanooga.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 19 September 1922
- Date of death: 15 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 379th Infantry Regiment, 95th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor David T. Minor
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.