Dewey Arnold Lappin was born at Ravens Croft, Tennessee, the son of Fred Steve Lappin and Gertrude Dubois.
T/Sgt Lappin served with Company C, First Battalion, 117th Infantry, 30th Division in the European theater; Normandy and Northern France. He was Killed in Action.
He was initially buried at Saint James Cemetery at Avranches, France and reburied at Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France, K, 7, 3.
- Rank: Technical Sergeant
- Date of birth: 23 February 1918
- Date of death: 7 August 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 117th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantrymans Badge
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dewey A. Lappin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.