Sergeant Dewey A. Ledford was born in Athens, Tennessee. He served in the 114th Machine Gun Battalion of the 29th Division. He died of wounds in England on the 29th of October 1918 at the age of 19. He is interred at B,3,4 Brookwood American Cemetery, Brookwood, England.
The picture is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 7 June 1898
- Date of death: 29 October 1918
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Etowah
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company C, 114th Innfantry Regiment, 30th Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: South of La Halemmierissie
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brookwood American Cemetery, Brookwood, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dewey A. Ledford
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.