Dexter Dantch Wiliams was born in Nashville, Tennessee to Edward James Williams and Maggie Rhea Byrd. He was married to Hazel Lee Williams but they filed for divorce in 1943.
Died non Battle
He is buried at the Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold, France, E, 36, 29.
The Chattanooga Times, 26 April 1945
Killed in action was Pvt. Dexter D. Williams, son of Mrs. Bart Hatcher, Hargraves Avenue, Rossville. Pvt Williams was killed while participating in action against the enemy with a Seventh Army infantry unit in France March 30, his mother was officially notified. A former student of the Rossville Schools and an employe of the Columbian Iron Works, he entered the army in 1943 and was assigned to foreign duty in July, 1944. He is survived by his mother; father, E.J. Williams, Port Arthur, Texas; two sisters, Mrs. Nadine N. Brooks, 4308 Bennett Road; Mrs. Andy Daffron and two brothers, E.J. Williams Jr. and Virgil Williams.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 21 January 1921
- Date of death: 30 March 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Lorraine American Cemetery, St. Avold (Moselle), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Dexter D. Williams
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.