Donald Leroy Long was born on 10 February 1922 at Flintstone in Georgia, the son of John Victor Long and Ollie Mae Huffstetler. Husband of Louise Long.
Died 24 December 1944
317th Infantry Regiment
Pvt Long was returned from overseas. He is buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 639.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 21 January 1945
Pfc. Donald L. Long, 23, husband of Mrs. Louise Long, 104½ Woodland Avenue, and son of Mrs. Hardie Barksdale of Chattanooga was reported missing in action in Luxembourg since Dec. 24. He attended Chattanooga schools and was employed by the American Lava Company before entering the army. He has been overseas several months, stationed with an infantry unit. He is the brother of J.W. and Robert Long of Chattanooga; Pvt. Kenneth Long, stationed with a paratroop unit at Fort Benning, Ga., and Mrs. Iria Duggard of Balitmore, Md.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 10 February 1922
- Date of death: 24 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 317th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Donald L. Long
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.