Donald Ray Linam was born on 15 May 1922 to James Thedore Linam and Ruby May Bearden.
Died 9 December 1944
Buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
307th Infantry Regiment, 77th Infantry Division, Headquarters Company, 3rd Battalion
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 14 January 1945
Pvt. Donald R. Linam, 22, brother of Miss Lorene Haven and grandson of Mrs. C.T. Haven, 2509½ Ocoee Street was killed in action on Leyte Island Dec. 9. Pvt. Linam was a farmer before entering the army more than three years ago. He had been overseas one year, and was believed to have been killed in action on Leyte Island during the powerful push of American forces in that sector.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 15 May 1922
- Date of death: 9 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Hixson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 307th Infantry Regiment, 77th Infantry Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Donald R. Linam
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.