Donald Vetress Mooneyham was born on 4 October 1925, the son of Alton Mooneyham and Ova Scarbrough. Husband of Ava Lee Hedgecoth.
Died 26 December 1944
Buried at Seals Cemetery, Pikeville, TN
Private First Class
290th Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division, Company E
Crossville Chronicle, February 1, 1945
Mrs. Donald Mooneyham received a telegram Monday, Jan. 22, stating that her husband, Pfc. Mooneyham, was missing in action as of December 26 in Belgium. Pfc. Mooneyham entered the service January 3, 1944. He took his basic traning at Camp Wheeler, Ga. In October, 1944, he went overseas, landing in England. He was sent to France shortly afterwards, then to Belgium.
His wife is the daughter of Mrs. Dardles Hedgecoth, of Crossville. His parents are Mr. and Mrs. Alton Mooneyham of Winesap. Monday, Jan. 29, another telegram arrived, stating that he was killed in action on the above-named date.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 4 October 1925
- Date of death: 26 December 1944
- County: Cumberland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 290th Infantry Regiment, 75th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Seals Cemetery, Pikeville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VIII, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Donald V. Mooneyham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.