Doyle Lee Brown was born on 11 September 1921 at Putnam, Texas, the son of George Allen Brown and Willie Ida Middleton.
He was killed in action by a sniper on 25 March 1945 at Mindanao, the Philippines.
162nd Infantry Regiment, 41st Infantry Division
Buried at Putnam Cemetery, Callahan County, Texas
Forth Worth Star-Telegram, 31 May 1945
Second Lt. Doyle Lee Brown, son of Mr. and Mrs. George A. Brown of Cisco Route 1, was killed in action with the 41st Division on Mindanao March 25 and posthumously awarded the Purple Heart. He was born at Putnam where he was graduated from high school.
- Rank: Second Lieutenant
- Date of birth: 11 September 1921
- Date of death: 25 March 1945
- County: Jefferson
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 162nd Infantry Regiment, 41st Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Putnam Cemetery, Callahan County, Texas
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Doyle L. Brown
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.