Doyle Wayne Needham was born at Powder Springs, Tennessee on 16 March 1924, the son of Everett Cecil Needham and Lettie Lay.
Died 27 August 1944
Buried at Needham Cemetery, Powder Springs, TN
143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division, Company K
Sgt Needham was killed in action at Montélimar, France.
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, 19 September 1944
Sgt. Doyle W. Needham, 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. E.C. Needham, Powder Springs, was killed in France on Aug. 27. He had been in service about a year and a half, and overseas since March 1944. A graduate of Washburn High School, he was a student at U-T at the time of his induction. Beside his parents, he is survived by a sister, Virginia Ruth Needham. He was a member of the Powder Springs Baptist Church.
- Rank: Sergeant
- Date of birth: 16 March 1924
- Date of death: 27 August 1944
- County: Grainger
- Hometown: Powder Spring
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 143rd Infantry Regiment, 36th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Needham Cemetery, Powder Springs, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Doyle W. Needham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.