Earl C. McCoy was the son of Frank Virgil McCoy and Minnie Lee Hawkins. He enlisted on July 25, 1940, in Fort Benning, GA. He was four years in service and fought in the battles of North Africa and Sicily before going to France where he was killed in action on June 23, 1944.
Submitted by sister, Helen M. Bell
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, August 4, 1948
Pfc. Earl C. McCoy, age 19, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank V. McCoy of Branville Road, Route 5, killed in action June 23, 1944 in France. Student of Armada School and member of Branville Baptist Church.
Survivors; parents; sisters, Mrs. George Thurmon, Mascot; Mrs. Hazel Chrisenberry, Florida; Mrs. Frankie Nance, Detroit; Mrs. Helen Brooks, South Carolina; brothers, Paul, Sylvester, Junior and Clint.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 January 1924
- Date of death: 23 June 1944
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Knoxville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Roseberry Cemetery, Mascot, Knox County, Tennessee
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Sharon McCoy
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.