Private Davis was assigned to the 397th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division, Company E. He was killed in action.
The Upper Cumbertland Times, April 15, 1948
Pvt. Earl D. Davis, son of Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Davis will arrive in Jamestown Saturday April 17. Pvt Davis was killed in action in France, November 18. 1944. He was with the 100th Inf. Division.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 20 January 1926
- Date of death: 18 November 1944
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Jamestown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 397th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Taylor Place Cemetery, Jamestown, Fentress County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Earl D. Davis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.