Eddie (Edward) Loen Levi was born on 20 April 1912 at Soddy, Tennessee to William Madison Levi and Laura Ann Kaylor
Died 5 May 1945
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 451
Private First Class
307th Infantry Regiment, 77th Division
PFC Levi was initially buried at the 77th Division Cemetery at Okinawa.
With the 77th Infantry Division, Pfc. Levi had been overseas since April, 1944. A former student at Daisy School, he was employed by the Works Progress Administration prior to entering the army in November, 1942. He was awarded the Combat Infantryman badge. He was survived by his parents, two sister, Mrs. Ruby and Mrs. Willie Hodge, Sale Creek.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 20 April 1912
- Date of death: 5 May 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 307th Infantry Regiment, 77th Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Okinawa
- Awards: Purple Heart, Combat Infantryman badge
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eddie L. Levi
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.