Edgar C. Burkey was born in 1896 in Greene County, Tennessee to Alvin E. Burkey and Lou E. Roberts. He entered the service on 5 September 1918 at Greenville and trained at Camp Wadsworth in Spartanburg, South Carolina. He sailed to Europe arriving in October 1918. Cpl Burkey died of broncho pneumonia in Brest, France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 19 October 1896
- Date of death: 13 October 1918
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Mosheim
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment, 31st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edgar C. Burkey
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.