Edward “Edie” Berry Wade was born 9 September 1882, Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee. He was the son of Joseph Edie and Virginia “Jennie”Berry Wade, husband of Pearl Miller and father of Virginia and Edie B. Wade Jr.. He was a certified Public Accountant before entering the service in May 1918 at San Francisco, California. He served with the Engineers Corps and trained at Camp Merritt, New Jersey A.E.F. He sailed to Europe on June 30, 1918, arriving on July 13.
Captain Wade died of broncho pneumonia 4 February 1919, near Coblenz, Germany. He is buried at Oak Hill Cemetery, Johnson City, Washington County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Captain
- Date of birth: 9 September 1882
- Date of death: 4 February 1919
- County: Washington
- Hometown: Johnson City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Chief Engineers Officers, 3rd Army
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oak Hill Cemetery, Johnson City, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edie B. Wade
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.