Born 14 November 1925
Died 12 February 1945
Buried at Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, TN
Private First Class
398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division, Company G
Daily Post Athenian, March 5, 1945
Edward Montgomery, Private First class of the U.S. Army, who was previously reported missing in action in France February 12, has now been reported killed in action on that date according to an offical message received by is mother Mrs. Vernie Gregory of Athens Saturday.
Pfc. Montgomery entered the service in June, 1944 and received his training at Fort McClellan, Ala. He had been overseas since November. Mrs. Gregory has another son, Pvt. Desmont Montgomery who has been in service for the past four years serving in the Pacific.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 14 November 1925
- Date of death: 12 February 1945
- County: McMinn
- Hometown: Athens
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 398th Infantry Regiment, 100th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cedar Grove Cemetery, Athens, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XV, Bottom Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Edward Montgomery
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.