Born 24 May 1922, Tennessee
Died 12 December 1944
Private First Class
329th Infantry Regiment
Edward Oldham was initially buried at Margraten War Cemetery, the Netherlands.
The Chattanooga Times, November 11, 1948
Funeral services for Pfc. Edward Oldham, whose body arrived in Dayton, Tenn., yeasterday afternoon and was taken to the home of a brother, Bob Oldham, in Bakewell, Tenn., will be held today at the graveside in the National Cemetery, Chattanooga. Full military honors will be accorded by the American legion post of Soddy.
Oldham, who was killed in France in 1944, is survived by his mother, Mrs. Jeanetta Oldham of Bakewell; wife, Mrs. Edna Oldham; one sister, Mrs. Cleo Jenkins of Old Washington, Tenn; three brothers, Bob and Boyd Oldham of Bakewell and Brice Oldham of Sale Creek, Tenn.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 May 1922
- Date of death: 12 December 1944
- County: Rhea
- Hometown: Bakewell, TN
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 329th Infantry Regiment
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: 2 Purple Hearts
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVI, Bottom Panel
- Sponsored by: Sam Oldham
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.