Wife: Mrs. Flora Tinch Norman, Allardt, TN. Father of Winston Egbert Norman.
Seaman Norman was a member of the Naval Armed Guard shipped aboard the tanker Jacksonville. While in convoy in the northeast Atlantic, the Jacksonville was torpedoed and sunk. KIA Crew 48, AG 30. Five Tennesseans lost their life in this sinking.
Memorialized at the Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Rank: Seaman First Class
- Date of death: 30 August 1944
- County: Fentress
- Service Branch: Navy
- Division/Assignment: SS Jacksonville
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Cambridge American Cemetery, Cambridge, England
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Sponsored by: Tim Clayborn
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.