Elijah Kidwell was born in 1917 in Tennessee to John Jerome Kidwell and Claudia B. Brown. He married Charlotte Gaby in Virginia on 18 May 1938. Charlotte gave birth to a baby boy on 26 November 1941 but he died after several hours. Elijah Kidwell entered the service on 9 July 1943 at Fort Oglethorpe in Georgia.
Buried at Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg, E, 12, 27
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of death: 14 March 1945
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Greeneville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 7th Engineer Combat Battalion, 5th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Silver Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster
- Burial/Memorial Location: Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Elijah Kidwell
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.