Ellis Samuel Bowlin was born in Thornhill, Tennessee to Dana H. Bowlin and Clara E. Turnmire. He was married to Grace Bowlin. He served in the 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Division in Europe and was killed in action in France on 18 September 1944. He had been in service eight months and overseas since July.
Buried at Bowlin Cemetery, Treadway, TN
The Hancock County News, 24 November 1948
Pvt. Bowling was killed in action at Pulnoy, France on September 18, 1944 while ser ving with Patton’s 134th Infantry – 35th Division. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Dana Bowlin, Treadway.
The body of Pvt. Bowlin is entroute to the United States for final interment. Funeral services will be conducted at the Rockbridge Baptist Church and burial will be in the family cemetery.
Pvt. Bowlin was 21 at the time of his death. He was well known in Hancock County and has many firends in other sections of the State who will come to Hancock County for the funeral.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 3 May 1923
- Date of death: 18 September 1944
- County: Hancock
- Hometown: Treadway
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 134th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Bowlin Cemetery, Treadway, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ellis S. Bowlin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.