Erial Wesley Bledsoe was the son of Thompson Asbury Bledsoe and Laura Ann Hughes
Born 16 April 1923
Died 22 March 1945
Buried at the Chattanooga National Cemetery
He was initially buried at Iwo-Jima 4th Marine Division Cemetery.
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 11 June 1948
Funeral services for Cpl. Erial W. Bledsoe, son of Mr. and Mrs. T.A. Bledsoe of Soddy, who was killed in action with a Fourth Marine Division unit on Iwo Jima March 11, 1945, will be held at Shady Grove Baptist Church. Interment with military honors by Soddy Post 107 and Summers-Whitehead Post 14, American Letion, will be in National Cemetery. Cpl. Bledsoe entered army service in December, 1942, while a student at Soddy-Daisy High. He went overseas in November, 1944.
He is survived by his parents, six brothers, James, Jasper, Robert, Herial J. and Woodrow Bledsoe, all of Soddy; Thompson Bledsoe, San Diego, Calif, several nieces and nephews.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 16 April 1923
- Date of death: 22 March 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Soddy
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 4th Marine Division
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Erial W. Bledsoe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.