Ernest Doyle Hancock was born on 26 June 1922 at Tampa, Florida, the son of Samuel Emerson Hancock and Ollie Johnson.
He died in service on 28 October 1945 at the Kennedy General Hospital in Memphis (Rural), Shelby County. He stayed in the hospital from 14 September till 28 October 1945 and died due to Hemorrhage, nasal, superior, post-traumatic.
He is buried at Edmondson Cemetery, Pikeville, TN
Military Police Battalion, AGF Replacement Depot No. 1, Fort George Meade, Maryland
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 26 June 1922
- Date of death: 28 October 1945
- County: Bledsoe
- Hometown: Pikeville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Military Police Battalion
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Edmondson Cemetery, Pikeville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ernest D. Hancock
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.