Ernest D. O’Neal was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee to Ernest Martin O’Neal and Ethel N. Dotson.
Buried at Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg, E, 5, 59
The Chattanooga Daily Times, 6 March 1945
Sgt. Ernest O’Neal, husband of Mrs. Billie H. O’Neal, 1512 Foust Street, and son of Mr. and Mrs. E.M. O’Neal, 2200 East 35th Street, was killed in action Feb. 20 in Germany, the War Department notifies his relatives. Sgt. O’Neal, radio operator with a reconnaissance unit, was an employe of the Gannaway Grovery Company before entering the service 26 months ago. He had been overseas since last August. He is survived by his wife, parents, two sisters, Mrs. Hugh Clay Robinson and Mrs. William Bynum, both of Chattanooga, and three brothers, Victor, Clifford and Jack O’Neal, all members of the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Rank: Technician Fourth Class
- Date of birth: 24 August 1918
- Date of death: 20 February 1945
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 94th Reconnaissance Troop, 94th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Luxembourg American Cemetery, Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Ernest D. O’Neal
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.