Estal G. Harris was born 4 October 192a, son of Dudley Earnest Harris and Eliza Payne.
Died 30 March 1943. He fell at the invasion of North Africa in the battle at Kasserine Pass in Tunisia against Rommel & his force.
Buried at the Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, C, 151
26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division, Company B
The Greeneville Sun, February 4, 1943
Pvt. Estal Harris, son of Mr. and Mrs. D.E. Harris of New Bethel volunteered in the U.S. Army last July. He is now stationed at Camp Kilmer, Shelton, N.J. In a letter received recently he said that his company was being moved.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 4 October 1921
- Date of death: 30 March 1943
- County: Greene
- Hometown: New Bethel
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 26th Infantry Regiment, 1st Infantry Division
- Theater: North Africa
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Kasserine Pass
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Andrew Johnson National Cemetery, Greeneville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Estal G. Harris
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.