Eugene Debbs Lewallen Died non Battle
He died of his injuries at Chamberlain Memorial Hospital at Rockwood, Roane County in Tennessee caused by an car accident on the public road. He was the son of Archie Lewallen and Irene Robbins.
Buried in Archie Lewallen Cemetery, Coal Hill, Scott Co, TN
The Knoxville Journal, August 9, 1943
Glenmary – Three sons of Mr. and Mrs. Archie Lewallen are in the service. Pvt. Coolidge Lewallen has been promoted to private first class. He has been in the service for two years. Pvt. Hillard J. Butler has returned to his post after a recent furlough spent with his mother, Mrs. Archie Lewallen. Pvt. Eugene Lewallen has arrived safely overseas. He received his training in Georgia and North Carolina.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 9 April 1921
- Date of death: 23 July 1945
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Glenmary
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 505th Parachute Infantry
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Archie Lewallen Cemetery, Coal Hill, Scott County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene D. Lewallen
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.