Eugene Sharpe was born on 31 May 1896 in Winfield, Tennessee, son of Sterling G. Sharpe and Delphia Pennington. Prior to his enlistment he was a brakeman on the southern railroad from Danville, Ky. Pvt Sharp died in Germany. He was reported as missing in Action on 3 August 1918 and is commemorated at Aisne-Marne Cemetery, France. Memorialized at Chattanooga National Cemetery.
The picture is from the Chattanooga Sunday Times Memorial Supplement, May 25, 1919.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 31 May 1896
- Date of death: 3 August 1918
- County: Scott
- Hometown: Winfield
- Service Branch: Marine Corps
- Division/Assignment: 5th Marines, 2nd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Battles: Chateau Thierry Sector, Aisne-Marne Offensive
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Aisne-Marne American Cemetery, Belleau, Departement de l'Aisne, Picardie, France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar V, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene Sharpe
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.