Eugene “Gene” White was the son of George Dewey White and Hettie Snodderly. He entered the service on 16 October 1942 at Fort Benjamin Harrison in Indiana. At the time of his enlistment he resided at Perry County in Kentucky. He was killed in action in France.
He was initially buried at Le Chêne-Guérin Cemetery at Percy, France and was re-buried at Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France, Plot A, Row 10, Grave 5.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 24 December 1925
- Date of death: 15 August 1944
- County: Anderson
- Hometown: Lake City
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 743rd Tank Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Brittany American Cemetery, St. James (Manche), France
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Eugene White
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.