Everett Lyon Shelton was born 28 September 1896, near Chuckey, Greene County, Tennessee to Marcella Hensley. Cpl Shelton was inducted into military service on 5 September 1918 at Wadsworth, Spartanburg, South Carolina. He died of pneumonia following influenza in France or on shipboard 8 October 1919
He is buried at Liberty Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery Old, Washington County, Tennessee.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 28 September 1896
- Date of death: 8 October 1919
- County: Greene
- Hometown: Chuckey
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: Company B, 57th Pioneer Infantry Regiment, 31st Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Liberty Freewill Baptist Church Cemetery Old, Washington County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar III, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Everett L. Shelton
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.