Floyd Andy Cross was born on 31 October 1925 at Morristown, Tennessee, to Paul Dee Cross and Margaret Nannie Pettigrew.
He died 11 April 1945
Private First Class
354th Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division, Company G
The Knoxville Journal, Dec. 1, 1948
Pfc. Floyd A. Cross, 19. The body will arrive in Morristown Dec. 2. Pfc. Cross enlisted in the Army January, 1944 and was sent overseas February, 1945, and killed in action on April 11, 1945. He was the son of Paul Cross and the late Mrs. Cross who died 11 months after her son’s death, and also one brother, Ray Cross of Morristown.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 31 October 1925
- Date of death: 11 April 1945
- County: Hamblen
- Hometown: Morristown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 354th Infantry Regiment, 89th Infantry Division
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Jarnagin Cemetery, Morristown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar X, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Floyd A. Cross
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.