Private Floyd Daugherty was assigned to the 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division. On 22 January 1944, the 3rd Division was part of the amphibious landing at Anzio Beach.
Private Daugherty was Killed in Action on 25 January 1944, He was interred at Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy, plot H, row 14, site 38.
- Rank: Private
- Date of death: 25 January 1944
- County: Scott
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 30th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Battles: Anzio Beach
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Sicily-Rome American Cemetery, Nettuno, Italy
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XVII, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: James Morris Daugherty
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.