Floyd Shanon LaRue entered the service of the U.S. Army on July 17, 1918. As a member of Company M, 467th Engineers, received his military training at Camp Humphreys, VA, and Fort Oglethorpe, GA. Embarked for France September 25, 1918, and shortly after his arrival contracted lobar pneumonia and as a result died October 22, 1918, at Brest, France. He is buried at Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 23 January 1898
- Date of death: 22 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Fountain City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 467th Ponton Train
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Greenwood Cemetery, Knoxville, Knox County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IV, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Floyd S. Larue
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.