Fred Bailey Jr. was born on 9 October 1922 in South Pittsburgh, Tennessee to Fred Bailey Sr. and Eunnie L. Byron. He was the husband of Edith Bailey.
Died 26 December 1944
Returned from overseas Grand Failly-Longuyon, France in 1948
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery
10th Armored Infantry Battalion
The Knoxville News-Sentinel, September 27, 1944
Killed in action was Pfc. Fred Bailey Jr., son of Mrs. Fred Bailey of Chattanooga and son-in-law of Tom Humphreys, 1510 Chamberlain Avenue. He was the son of Fred Bailey, Bridgeport, Ala., and brother of Mrs. V.A. Dobbins, Mrs. W.W. Gentry and Mrs. Virginia Holly, all of Chattanooga; Mrs. Freda Cruse, Mrs. Aline Tucker, Mrs. Bonnie King, all of Cincinnati, Ohio and Mrs. John Brophy of Bridgeport.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 9 October 1922
- Date of death: 26 December 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 10th Armored Infantry Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XII, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred Bailey Jr.
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.