Frederick (also spelled as Fredrich) Clay Austin was the son of Mollie Austin.
After enlistment in June 1918, was sent to Camp Johnston in Florida as a member of Motor Truck Company No. 527. He was taken ill on the boat, which sailed September 28, 1918, for France, and died just before its arrival. He was buried at Lambezellec, Finistere, France.
- Rank: Corporal
- Date of birth: 1 July 1890
- Date of death: 12 October 1918
- County: Knox
- Hometown: Fountain City
- Service Branch: Army
- Division/Assignment: 425th Motorized Supply Trains, 527th Motor Truck Company
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War I
- Burial/Memorial Location: Oise-Aisne American Cemetery, Fere-en-Tardenois, Picardie, France
- Contact us to sponsor Fred C. Austin
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.