Fred Chandler was born on 29 August 1923 at Trion, Georgia to Charles Robert Chandler and Effie Aikins.
Died of Wounds 19 November 1944
Buried at Chattanooga National Cemetery, Y, 412
320th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
The Chattanooga Daily Times, Sunday 19 September 1948
Funeral services for Pvt. Fred D. Chandler, 21, whose body will arrive Tuesday, will be held Wednesday at St. James Methodist Church. Pvt. Chandler was wounded in France Nov. 18, 1944, and died next day. Survivors are his parents, Mr. and Mrs. C.R. Chandler, 1607 Read Avenue; sisters, Mrs. F.M. Vandiver, Miss Mary Chandler and Miss Peggy Chandler, a brother, C.R. Chandler Jr., all of Chattanooga, and several aunts, uncles and other relatives.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 29 August 1923
- Date of death: 19 November 1944
- County: Hamilton
- Hometown: Chattanooga
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 320th Infantry Regiment, 35th Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Chattanooga National Cemetery, Chattanooga, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar XI, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred D. Chandler
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.