Fred Johnson Blevins was born on 1 January 1919, the son of John “Crum” Blevins and Lizzie Dora Blevins.
He Died 27 July 1944
Buried at Taylor Cemetery, Jamestown, TN
Technician 5th Class
17th Armored Engineer Battalion, Corps of Engineers, Company A
His unit, the 17th Armored Engineers, was part of the 2nd Armored (“Hell on Wheels”) Division. On the day he died, his unit was involved in the liberation of the town of Canisy, France.
- Rank: Technician Fifth Class
- Date of birth: 1 January 1919
- Date of death: 27 July 1944
- County: Fentress
- Hometown: Jamestown
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 17th Armored Engineer Battalion, Corps of Engineer
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Burial/Memorial Location: Taylor Cemetery, Jamestown, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar IX, Top Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred J. Blevins
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.