Fred Joseph Henry was the son of Roy Henry and Oma Nichols.
He served with the Headquarters Company, Base X Motorpool
The Knoxville Journal, October 12, 1948
Cpl. Fred J. Henry, age 23, killed in action Nov. 9, 1945, on Luzon Island, arrived yesterday in Knoxville. He was the son of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Henry of Walland. Survivors: the parents; brother, Earl W. of Walland; seven sisters, Mrs. Woodrow Raines of Walland; Mrs. Hobart Flynn of Sevierville; Mrs. Troy Bowser of Louisville, Ky.; Mrs. Andrew Dunlap of Wallan; and Misses Nell, Helen and Betty Henry, at home.
- Rank: Technician 5th Class
- Date of birth: 21 December 1921
- Date of death: 9 November 1945
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Walland
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: Motorpool
- Theater: Pacific
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Keebles Chapel Cemetery, Walland, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred J. Henry
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.