Fred Lewis was born at Tellico Plains, Tennessee, the son of John Nelson Lewis and Kathryn “Katy” Hughes.
The Knoxville Journal, 26 November 1948
Pvt. Fred Lewis was killed Oct. 4, 1944 in Italy. The body will arrive in Knoxville and will be taken to Biereley’s Mortuary, Maryville. Survivors; parents, Mr. and Mrs. John Lewis, Maryville; three sisters, Mrs. Fannie Lou Neely, California; Mrs. Della Mae Cagle and Miss Annie Lewis, both of Maryville; five brothers, Bill, James, Daniel, Charles and Robert, all of Maryville.
- Rank: Private
- Date of birth: 14 November 1920
- Date of death: 4 October 1943
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Rockford
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 135th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Division
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Pecks Chapel Cemetery, Maryville, Blount County, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Contact us to sponsor Fred Lewis
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.