Fred Paul Caylor was born in Maryville, Tennessee, the son of John Henry Herrison Caylor and Bertice S. Cotter. He was married to Mildred Ann Smith. He had four sisters, Louise, Ruth, Myrtle, and Garnet.
Pfc. Caylor served with the 178th Field Artillery Battalion, Battery E. He was killed in action in Italy, January 11, 1944.
- Rank: Private First Class
- Date of birth: 3 March 1918
- Date of death: 12 October 1943
- County: Blount
- Hometown: Maryville
- Service Branch: Army/Army Air Forces
- Division/Assignment: 178th Field Artillery Battalion
- Theater: Europe
- Conflict: World War II
- Awards: Purple Heart
- Burial/Memorial Location: Forest Hill, Maryville, TN
- Location In Memorial: Pillar VI, Middle Panel
- Sponsored by: Kelly Dyer, niece
Click a thumbnail below to view at full size.